The proposed construction of the Northern Gateway Pipeline is slated to go through British Columbia’s Great Bear region. If that happens, the environmentally fragile region is all but guaranteed to sustain any number of oil-related disasters. Of course, this construction is not a forgone conclusion, and WWF Canada is reminding citizens as much in its latest campaign.
But the pipeline will create jobs. But the pipeline will lead to energy independence. The irreversible harm this pipeline will cause cannot be ignored. And that’s without considering the inevitable spills. If you believe anyone will benefit other than the corporations (and the politicians in their pocket) involved you are either an imbecile or completely delusional.
12 Notes/ Hide
- ddooley1969 likes this
- theloadingbar reblogged this from fastcompany
- ljupkaiv likes this
- louieseries likes this
- ogloszeniarzeszow reblogged this from fastcompany
- primuscapio likes this
- jefreecolpetzer-jefree6 reblogged this from fastcompany
- jefreecolpetzer-jefree6 likes this
- jimicowan reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- pinkloversmiu likes this
- thatsallfowlks likes this
- seneha reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- fastcompany posted this